Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wedding - Cam & Dayle - June 22, 2013

Where do I begin... Cam & Dayle. The title of this post should read “How to get a destination wedding and a big wedding all in one”. You'll see what I mean soon. Well let me just start by saying that this was our first wedding of 2013 and it was absolutely everything it was chalked up to be. I feel like the only way to describe it would be a real life love story. And I’m not talking about those lovedrunk romantic comedies like “The Notebook” or “P.S. I Love You”. This day was very much like a storybook with heroes, villains (I’ll explain later), an endearing landscape, and lots of emotion. Throughout the day, I felt as though these two were experiencing first hand what love is really about. I like to think of love like a seed. It needs to be coated with laughter and good words, protected from harm, embedded in a solid foundation, and bathed sunlight to bloom. But without rain and the storms that come with each season’s change, it will not grow. This is the story of Cam & Dayle.
The scene was set for the beautiful peninsula of Harsens Island in the Mitten. What a wonderful location. They were married at a close friend’s beautiful vacation home with a breathtaking view of the lake and the surrounding landscape.
The wedding party sure was a great group handpicked for their ability to serve the family and the couple throughout the entirety of their relationship, but especially on the day of the wedding. These guys were awesome, packed with energy, a good sense of humor, and gregarious personalities. What a blast! We loved being able to capture every laugh, every tear, and every smile. What a wonderful family you both have.
From the beginning, Amanda and I were sure that Cam and Dayle would be one of the most fun couples to be around this summer! And whatta ya know, we were right! Similar to Amanda and I, Cam & Dayle lived far apart the majority of their dating relationship and engagement. And this wedding was the pinnacle of that perfect union. It was long awaited, sought after, and prayed over. Keeping their vow to purity along the way, I knew that Jesus was absolutely present and at the center of their relationship. I felt like Cam & Dayle could not have wished for a more perfect day. Shall we begin?



















































I was really happy to have gotten this photo of Dayle's dad and their future son-in-law!

Dayle and Cam decided to have a first prayer instead of a first look. Here's a peak =)












So... here it is. Wanna know the secret to having a destination wedding AND a big wedding? 
Just ask for rain. Something incredible happened when everyone in the party, the parents, and the couple moved under this gazebo. It was magical. It was special and I was so glad to have been a part of this intimate moment. 
Check them out! 
























 I love getting shots of the rings. My friend Jenn Anibal first inspired me to challenge myself in taking creative photos with these wonderful, sparkly things! Check out her website












And a perfect sunset to end the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not use language or inappropriate content when commenting...

Thank you!
JACOBPHOTO